What if I told you that we have so many things wrong. We are being so hard on ourselves, and punish ourselves. The media and our society only contributes to this.
That’s why I added “Tru” to my real name Jetty. Because I want to tell the truth! I can be very blunt, only because I have dealt with the same bullshit as you, and like to get directly to the point.
Here are 10 things that I once believed were true and stuff I have discovered personally about diet and exercise. I learned these things the hard way, and now that you are reading this you don’t have to.
- The more weight you lose, the less food you should eat, aka starving yourself.
- You should stick to a 100% clean diet all the time, otherwise “you are not enough”.
- You have to do tons of cardio.
- You have to kill yourself in the gym; “no pain no gain”.
- Introverts have to morph themselves into extroverts, aka you become very uncomfortable, maybe resulting in anxiety or even depression. Society prefers extroverts. Party all the time.
- You should weigh yourself every day, even multiple times per day.
- You should eat dry tasting low fat foods.
- You should not empower other women, “omg what if they get better than you!”
- We’re suppose to eat lots of fruit.
- You can’t be lean while eating junk foods (sometimes) and drinking alcohol. No, that can’t be tru(e)
- The more weight you lose, slowly try to eat more and more and more, to repair your metabolism. Because dieting ain’t no good for your body.
- You should eat real foods most of the time, and take a break 1x week, and enjoy all your favourite carb treats. And yes to wine! And “you are always enough”.
- No more cardio please!
- Just do plain old fashioned strength training, 2-3-4 days week.
- Be tru(e) to yourself. Introverts have lots and lots of awesome qualities too! It’s ok to be a party pooper. I am, big time;)
- Scale to jail.
- Fats are good for you, done are the days of dry chicken, rice, and broccoli. (low fat products are loaded with hidden sugars)
- Always empower other women, be happy for others, and grateful for what you have.
- Fruits are pure sugar.
- I am walking the walk and talking the talk, eat real foods during the week, and indulge big time 1x week. Cheers🥂
What is your opinion? Are we being too hard on ourselves? Shouldn’t life just be easiest as possible and enjoyable? And remember, it’s never your fault. Forgive yourself for believing BS, and give yourself a huge hug.
Leave your comments on my Facebook or Instagram page if you have any commentary or questions,